Halloween Inspired – Spiced Pumpkin Tea Latte
Around this time of year I often had a spiced pumpkin latte from the well known coffee shops in town.
It was delicious (or should I say addictive….), but I couldn’t justify consuming that much sugar. Oh, and let’s not to forget the cost of it too!
Instead, I’ve created this easy pumpkin tea latte recipe – no coffee here – that takes no longer than 5 minutes to make.
It tastes delicious but without any added sugars, sweeteners and flavourings.
This Halloween I know what I’ll be drinking…..no sugar, thanks.
Spiced Pumpkin (Tea) Latte
Preparation Time – 2 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 minutes
Ingredients (per Latte)
- 5g of Spiced Pumpkin Tea (approx. 2 heaped table spoons)
- 175ml Almond Milk (or other – if preferred)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ of vanilla pod (cut in half; add scraped seeds + pod to the milk)
Tip – Add 1 teaspoon of sugar, honey or maple syrup for more sweetness
- Take 5g of loose leaf tea (per Latte) and put in a tea strainer. Fill cup up only half way with boiling water and brew for 8-10 minutes (aiming for a strong brew)
- Prepare the Milk. Add the almond milk, vanilla (pod + vanilla seeds) and cinnamon to a sauce pan and bring to the boil. Stir occasionally
- Just before the milk comes to the boil, reduce the temperature and let it simmer
- Remove the tea strainer from your cup/glass
- Take the milk of the stove and pour the mixture, through a strainer, into another cup/glass
- Use a milk frother and blend till frothy
- Add the milk and froth to the pumpkin tea, stir
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon or nutmeg over the top and enjoy!
TIP – If you fancy a real treat, add a dollop of whipped cream on top…….delicious
For a Print Version – click here Spiced Pumpkin Recipe