I am always looking for innovative ways to use our teas and our Valentine’s Tea inspired Trifle is a perfect example.
With a combination of Valentine’s-Tea infused trifle, cake, cream and fresh berries– what else could you ask for this Valentine’s?
Go on, surprise a loved one with this must-try recipe this Valentine’s Day – they’ll love it!
Valentine’s Day Trifle Recipe
Ingredients – Serves 6/8
- 300g madeira- or a plain sponge cake
- 200g raspberries
- 200g of strawberries
- 250g mascarpone cream
- 285ml carton of double cream
- Optional – chocolate shavings & icing sugar for decoration
For the Jelly
- 135g Hartley’s Jelly (Raspberry- or Strawberry Flavour)
- Valentine’s Tea – 4 heaped teaspoons of loose leaf (available from our Onlineshop)
- 285ml hot boiling water
- 75g raspberries
- 75g of strawberries
- To make the Jelly, brew a cup of Valentine’s Tea (4 heaped tea spoons) in 285ml of boiling water for 5/8 min.- set aside to cool. Once cool, make the jelly as directed on the package, but use the 285ml (1/2 pint) of cold tea- instead of the cold water. Stir in 75g of strawberries (cut in quarters) and 75g raspberries to the jelly mix. Refrigerate to set. Tip– You can make the jelly in advance
- Slice the cake into 2cm slices. Line the base of the glass dishes with the cake and mix in some raspberries. Squash lightly so they release some of their juices and mix with the cake. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the Cream. Mix the Double Cream and Mascarpone in a mixing bowl, add 1 tsp. of vanilla extract and beat well till combined.
- Take the glass dishes and set jelly out of the refrigerator and start layering the glasses. Add one layer of cream, next a layer jelly and finally some fruit, and repeat. You can add as many or few layers as you like.
- End with a cream topping, add a strawberry/raspberry and decorate with some chocolate shavings & icing sugar. Enjoy!
Happy Valentine’s Day!